Stage 10 of La Vuelta was another thriller with the league table looking like this as the half way point nears:
1. Pedro Power (Pete Orton) = 2734 pts
2. mi casa es tu casa (Cookie) = 2541 pts
3. Pedro’s Peloton of Possible Pandemonium (Peter Smith) = 2356 pts
4. Diesels españolas (Digger) = 2306 pts
5. Team Tidy (Will) = 2155 pts
6. Etappers (Nigel) = 2151 pts
7. Choppertastic (Dan Frost) = 1988 pts
8. All the gear, no idea (still) (Scott) = 1966 pts
9. Doris’ Paella munching hero’s (Doris) = 1854 pts
10. Picasso’s Peloton (Ant) = 1847 pts
Despite a strong start by Cookie’s ‘mi casa es tu casa’ and Will’s ‘Team Tidy’, Pete O’s ‘Pedro Power’ has had a couple of strong days after the first rest day, putting some clear distance between them and the chasing pack. Stage 12 sees a couple of big categorised climbs but with a fast descent for the 20km run to home, giving some chance to those with a strong sprint who can get over the climbs.
There is still a long way to ride before the La Vuelta podium is decided in Madrid on 10 Sept but its beginning to look like a shoot out between Froome and Nibali assuming they both stay upright and healthy! This puts Pete O in the box seat as both riders are on the Pedro Power team. Can any other ideas emerge to give PP a run to the line?
Digger posted an update 2 years, 3 months ago